Business Development Manager- Priority and International Client at Standard Chartered Bank - Lagos State
- Published on 24 June 2015
- Hits: 78
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager- Priority and International Client
Job ID: 480780
Job Function: Retail Clients
Full/Part Time: Full time
Reporting Line: Director, Business Development - Africa
Market engagement for Africa (with primary focus Nigeria), by:
- Ensuring that local Relationship Managers are trained to refer only those prospects which meet the criteria to become a Standard Chartered Bank Jersey (SCBJ), Priority Client
- Being the first point of contact for all referrals made to SCBJ
- Being able to assess the performance of the local RMs by keeping track of each referral and the success rate of these referrals (conversion rate)
- Ensure that pitches and follow-ups to prospective clients are consistent (CEMs is correctly used)
- Driving AUM growth in Jersey by targeting clients' existing offshore funds held with a competitor bank and generating new business that is both high value and high quality and does not cannibalize onshore Priority Banking deposits / investments (clients with international wealth and banking needs)
- Being able to build own network in each country – through personal knowledge and experience
- Ability to provide an appropriate level of information (regarding services offered by SCBJ) required by a prospective client
- To actively promote SCB Jersey to prospective clients.
Interface with local Relationship Managers (“RMs) for:
- Prospect Management - handle all referrals from locally based RMs for their clients who are interested in offshore banking
- Pre-approval of prospects - ensure prospects being referred meet PIC Jersey criteria
- Feedback on prospects/applications - ensure that all business is accurately tracked and monitored. Feedback to be given to local RM (responsible for referral) on unsuccessful applications
- Obtaining some initial KYC information and documentation before account opening pack is sent to Jersey
- Involved in arrangement of client/local network events
- Collateral co-ordination in markets covered (e.g. desk drops, "oody"bags for local RMs, desk top calendars, etc.)
- Continual training for local branches and local RMs (on Offshore Bank offering, calibre of prospects, etc)
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with all group in-country staff to encourage offshore referrals
- Arrange client/local network meetings along with Team Leader Acquisition where necessary (i.e. when Team Leader Acquisition /Senior SCBJ personnel are in country)
- Carry out prospecting activity through all available channels; i.e. Face to face meetings, group presentations, telephone, marketing communications, third party introducers.
- New AuM raised of USDXm+
- X NTB client accounts annually (X new accounts to be opened per month)
- Conversion rate of 1 NTB client for every 3 prospect meetings held
- Reduction in time taken to get an account opened (client experience)
- Reduction in account application rejection rates (Zero)
- Reduction in time taken for NTB clients to begin funding their new account
- Reduction in time taken for NTB clients to make their first investment (within 3 months of account being funded). This will be done by ensuring each new client is made aware of services offered by SCBJ
- Introduce two/three referral agents each year (lawyer/accountant/expat relocation agent, etc.) to Regional Market Manager for the region covered
Knowledge / Skills / Experience Required:
- Proven track record of sales activity
- Strong presentation skills
- Positive customer service mentality
- Planning and organizational skills
- Relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills & communication skills.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Sound knowledge of banking products and services and banking procedures.
- Team player who shows initiative and assertiveness.
- Self-motivator who is keen to upgrade and improve personal knowledge and skill to meet the job requirement.
- High level of integrity and professionalism
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: